Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday and Aunt Jean again





I am going up to my Aunt's again today, we are getting rid of some unwanted clothes, for both of us at Goodwill. As for the outfit today I was inspired by The Wizard of BC, another member of the kilt wearers forum
xmarksthescot
to try the Isle of Skye kilt with brown accessories, I've owned this kilt for over a year now and it remains a favourite but I never thought of pairing it up with brown hose etc. I really like the way it looks as the Isle of Skye is a subtle tartan the subdued tones of the brown hose, leathers, and Argyll really do work well for smart day-wear.

So for the details of the outfit, I am wearing my Isle of Skye 16oz 8 yard kilt, Lochcarron brown hose, lovat green garter ties from the Scottish Tartan Museum, My Brown Harris Tweed Argyll, the tie I'm wearing is an interesting wool one I found at my local tartan shop. The Sporran is my Thorfinn Sporran with a matching Isle of Skye flap, and the sgian dubh is from the Sgian Dubh co.

1 comment:

Tattoo Bradley said...

I knew this reminded me of someone. It really is a smart look, and all your thoughts are spot on.