Monday, May 19, 2008

High Praise Indeed

It seems I can't post pictures at the moment, however I thought I'd share this email I asked Hamish Bicknell if I could reproduce it here and he graciously agreed, a few days ago I invited Ham to take a look at this fledgling blog of mine, here is what he wrote back.

Hi Glen,

Thank you for the link to your blog (I don't know where you get the time to do such things!!). I am honoured that you should invite me to read it and I now have it bookmarked for future visits.You have got it off to a splendid start and I am touched that you should include the super photo of your "Maple Leaf Hamish". Not only is it a very acceptable 'Hamish' (!), but you have the outfit colour co-ordinated to a tee - it's really effective. In fact, seeing several of your images in close proximity like that, makes me realise what a particularly good eye you have for colour and visual balance ...... it must be your artistic bent shining through. Good work, my friend.

It's again very late - almost 2,00am - and I must get some sleep.

Thanks again for everything, Glen.

Take care,
Ham.

For those of you that do not know Hamish has been kilted for 9 years now, his sense of style and balance really are the benchmark for many kilted gentlemen. He is also very generous in helping out fledgling kilt wearers who have questions regarding an outfit. I know Ham's photo gallery is being updated, as soon as that is done I will of course link to it.

Thanks again Ham for the kind words.

No comments: