Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hawick Hose top how to





A while ago on one of the forums I frequent Hamish was asking about Hawick hose and how to get the Argyll tops to sit correctly. I said I would post pictures and have finally gotten around to it, sorry for the delay. Without further ado here is my method for getting the Argyll top hose to look just so. I certainly hope this helps.


To start I pull the hose up all the way, notice the white stitching between the two colours. At this point you can put your flashes on, or wait until you are done I usually wait until I am done them put the flashes/garter ties on.

At the white stitching is where I fold over the top of the hose, showing the Argyll top.


Next I pull up the Argyll portion to the top covering the solid colour, and there you have it.

The last shot shows the double layer of hose created at the top.

1 comment:

Duchess McKinnon said...

my my, been in any bonnie knee contests? *wicked grins*