Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Christmas in July




This morning I got the Balmoral that fits from Glengarry Hats, then I went up to my Aunt's house, once I got home there was a knock at the door, the Mailman had two packages for me number 1 was the Inverness Cape from vmac3205 number 2 the Burns Check Jacket that I got from ebay. Woo Hoo Christmas in July.

It's nice to have a Balmoral that actually fits, now it's just the waiting for the X-Marks Clan Badge.


The Burns Check Braemar is a nice piece that I just happened upon but I thought why not try for it, and sure enough I won the auction so was happy about that.


As for the Inverness Cape I've wanted one for some time but with the price of Harris Tweed I was almost resigned to wait until I one the lottery, that was until vmac3205 came along, the Cape really is wonderful as the photos will attest my only complaint is that the buttons are on the wrong side I'm used to my buttons being on the right and these are on the left, I think I'll get my Aunt to set them up properly as she was quite a seamstress in her day. I do absolutely love the Crimson lining, I think it just looks wonderful, thanks again vmac3205.

No comments: