Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Election day in Canada


Today is election day in Canada, I went out to vote this morning and decided the perfect tartan to wear would be the Maple Leaf tartan. Funny thing was the guy behind the table who was an orrthodox jew and was wearing his yamulca says "You do know we're not in Scotland" to which I replied, that is why I'm wearing the Canadian tartan, I really thought they would be a bit more culturally aware behind the polling tables, ah well that is just the type of thing that happens wearing a kilt. Anyway the outfit for today was the Maple Leaf tartan kilt by Canadian Casual Kilts the Brown Harris Tweed Argyle, my tie is a tweed tie I found at Caringorm Scottish Imports, the sporran is from Thorfinn Sporrans withthe matching Maple Leaf flap, and the hose are Yellow/Gold Hawick Hose that I picked up at Cairngorm as well. 

No comments: