Sunday, September 7, 2008

of Balmoral ribbons and busy days




I've not posted for a bit life seems to have got in the way last week, anyway I'm just back from work and thought I'd post a few pics. Someone on X-Marksthescot.com was asking about tying the ribbons on a Balmoral, I had not tried it as yet so I decided to give it a go and see how I liked it. In a way it's nice as the ribbons no longer bother my neck, but aesthetically I think I am more a fan of the ribbons free flowing, so this may just be an experiment.


As well those of you who are observant will notice that I am indeed wearing Ghillie Brogues I know these are frowned upon by some to some extent I frown upon them as well however I picked these up a while ago at an ex-rental sale and I hardly wear them, today I decided to switch things up a bit and try them with the outfit I wore to work, I promise it won't become a habit.

1 comment:

Duchess McKinnon said...

I think of your kilts, and I like all of them that you've shown pictures of, this one is absolutely my most favorite.

Not that MY opinion matters. LOL! I'm rather fond of the Lumsden Tartan. Not that I am not proud of my MacKinnon red. I think it's stupendous. But I tend to prefer the tartans with more blues and greens in them.