Sunday, April 5, 2009

Look 9 of 10


#9 Black Tie




Notes:
Here I am in my Prince Charlie jacket, I would say I am wearing it more traditionally than Jamie does, though I do not see that much to quibble about our differences, I would much rather celebrate our similarities than argue our differences. I am wearing my Sealskin sporran I am also wearing a dress sgian dubh and diced hose, as well as this I am still wearing the ghillie brogues and a self tie bow tie. I would wear this to a Scottish Country Dance ball, Burns Supper or any other Black Tie event I may be attending. The wonderful thing about owning a P.C. is that you never feel out of place at a black tie event. I'd also like to note that I can and have worn my buckle brogues with the prince Charlie outfit, I chose not too for the purpose of this thread.

1 comment:

Gone to Find Myself said...

Someday you'll have to let me knit you a pair of diced kilt socks. I have in mind a finer dicing and maybe a little longer if you think.
I prefer to let my customers find the yarn that is the perfect coloring for their kilt and then I do the knitting. Most can usually find it through online sellers of yarn but if not it is nice to find someone that will spin the exact colors that you require.
Now, about the Look of 1 through 10- You look great in your kilts. They are all stunning. I think you have gone to great lengths to find the exact items for your choices.