Saturday, March 7, 2009

1915 Waltham Pocket Watch



A while ago there was quite a bit of talk about Pocket Watches on XMarkstheScot. I decided to go onto ebay and see what I could find. I thought instead of one of those new chrome pocket watches, or the type that costs about $10.00 I would pick up the best one I could afford. Well I found a Waltham from 1915 that was running and won it. My only problem was that I did not have a watch chain for it, again I started looking for a vintage chain, I found one after some searching that was not quite the same vintage the chain is from the 1960 or 1970's. The Chain came in yesterday morning, and I finally got the entire thing together, I'm really happy with it, now it feels like the waistcoat is complete.

3 comments:

Gone to Find Myself said...

Thought I'd check out your blog and see what you are all about.
Do you knit? I saw the knitting pattern?
That's a beauty! I think you got a terrific deal. I doubt there are too many 1915 watches left.
Suzanne

Duchess McKinnon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Sadly I do not knit, when I'm back on my feet from this economic downturn I'll be talking to you about a Fair Isle Sweater.